Thursday, February 6, 2020

My Thoughts on #45, White Privilege, African Americans and The Next Election

Good Morning Everyone,

I am hopeful that my blogs provoke further thought and questions regarding the topics that I address. After yesterday's impeachment vote, I came to some conclusions that I think could be of some use to Black America. Please feel free to offer your comments.

Here are my thoughts:

1. #45 is a symptom of a larger problem and not just the problem.

2. White privilege is the most powerful force in America right now. It's on both sides of the aisle.

3.Whether #45 wins or not will NOT solve the larger problem. 4. African Americans need to secure economic power. That is a long process but it is attainable. It starts with trust and unity within our community.

5. Voting is important but it's not the sole answer.

6. Black people are waking up but we must not be distracted by what's going on with #45. We have much work to do within our own communities.


7. #45 will win the next election. The Republicans spent 8 solid years, while #44 was in office, rezoning, redistricting and passing voter suppression laws. They are always two steps ahead.


Sincerely, 

Phillip Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment