Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Who's Going To Hell"

I used to think that the issue of "Speaking In Tongues" was the most confusing subject to gain an understanding of but ohhhhhhhh!! was I mistaken. The issue of  who's going to Hell is even more confusing and here's why. Depending on what church you go or what denomination you belong to there is a different interpretation out there as to the certainty of  Hell and Heaven and who will make it to which. It wasn't until I grew up and started visiting other churches that I realized that people and theologians interpret the Scriptures differently. That's why some Pastors don't like you and me visiting other churches because they do not want you or me to hear other interpretations which could be confusing. However I think its the various interpretations that ultimately lead us to the truth.

Everybody claims their right and everybody else is wrong on so many biblical issues. I do believe that the Bible is clear but we aren't. Some believe in Eternal Security that means "Once saved always saved" and others believe that Salvation is a process and that even though we accept Him initially, we have to continue to work on our salvation or we could lose it and end up in HELL. On one hand you have John 3:16 and on the other you have Hebrews 12:14. WHICH IS RIGHT?  I thought the word of God was supposed to be simple.

I can tell you that there is one common denominator in all of this and that is BELIEF. If you deny the existence and Lordship of Jesus Christ  your mansion in Heaven is defiantly on hold. I also know, based on my study, that it is possible for one to be saved and not sanctified. I think that many people confuse the two. Just because your saved don't mean you Holy.Well.... All the other stuff is debatable and I will leave it for the scholars and prognosticators of the Gospel and to comment on.

Peace,
Phillip

No comments:

Post a Comment